07 Sep Summer of 25 Dreams: What We Accomplished
This summer, Dream Events & Catering marked our 25th anniversary with a summer-long celebration of Nashville. A summer where we highlighted important causes, engaged our team and partnered with local charities & organizations. We called our little idea the Summer of 25 Dreams and have spent the past four months feeding, empowering, supporting, championing, creating and committing 25 acts of dreaminess all over Middle Tennessee.
So how did it go?
It was AWESOME y’all. Here’s a sample of what we accomplished with your help:
- Collected thousands of items including clothing, toiletries, snacks, bottled water, household goods and more for local organizations in need in partnership with Little Lady Big Cause. (THANK YOU to everyone that donated!!)
- Help Women at Next Door connect to family & friends with 250 cards, envelopes and stamps to keep in touch.
- Significantly reduced our kitchen waste through an ongoing partnership with Compost Nashville.
- Handed out 32 Homeless Kits to people in need in our community.
- Hosted a Diaper Wrap-Off for the Nashville Diaper Connection, wrapping 3000 diapers in under an hour.
- Hand-wrote 103 cards to all the amazing clients, vendors, friends and supporters of Dream!
- Gave 25 Comfort Bears to the Davis House Child Advocacy Center for child survivors of abuse.
- Stocked the Nashville Rescue Mission with 55 cases of bottled water for their homeless station – providing hydration to the homeless all summer long.
- Played Bingo and socialized with local seniors in partnership with FiftyForward.
- Hydrated golfers for Phoenix Rising‘s Annual Golf Tournament – helping raise money for men transitioning out of incarceration. DONE! Water and snacks went out the door and off to the tournament.
- Planted a Garden where we are source local, organic produce for use in our Dream kitchen.
- Empowered kids with disabilities in partnership with Able Youth, teaching them cooking skills and kitchen safety.
- Channel our inner cowgirl volunteering for Nurses for Newborns‘ annual fundraiser, Bucking for Babies.
- Celebrated our Dreamy Summer with the #DreamTeam and our neighbors with a summertime ice cream social!
First, we have to thank everyone that participated. From the organizations that partnered with us to the partners, clients and vendors that donated goods or services. Special shout out to Laura Little of Little Lady Big Cause – her network of local non-profits made it easy for our business to connect to organizations & people with immediate needs as well as find accessible volunteer opportunities for our staff.
Second, we are encouraging the dreaming to continue! We have already extended our fab summer by partnering with the Nashville Diaper Connection to collect 10,000 as part of our Holiday Party Promotion (Click HERE for details on how booking your party can help). More simply, we want to encourage you and your network (be that your workplace, your church, your book club) to find ways to support, empower, connect and celebrate our awesome community and everyone in it. Dreamy things start with simple ideas and simple actions – our summer is proof of that.
Be sure to follow our future giving at the hashtag #DreamGiving. Here’s to all your dreams!