27 Mar Dream Tips: Planning Outdoor Parties
As the weather gets nicer and the days get longer, you might be dreaming of dining al fresco, happy hours out on the patio, or watching the sunset in the back yard with a couple of friends. Outdoor vibes and fresh air always make an event feel more open and inviting, and, for some reason, drinks and food always taste more delicious outdoors. Outdoor parties will never go out of style, but they’re especially smart and popular picks this year. They feel effortless, accessible, and with Dream, they’re always beautiful.
While outdoor events are here are some important things to take into consideration if you want your outdoor party to feel effortless. You definitely don’t want guests to constantly have to swat at bugs or not be able to see their food!
The main things to keep in mind when planning outdoor parties are the elements: heat, cold, rain, bugs, and sun exposure. While you can’t control these things, you can definitely plan for them!
Our top tips for planning outdoor parties:
- Create a bug spray station and a hand sanitizing station for guests.
- If the weather is cool, set out portable heaters and/or fire pits.
- If the weather is warm, bring fans or AC units.
- Rain in the forecast? Make sure you have a rain plan with an alternate location or tents.
- Having an event during peak sunlight? Tents work well to provide some shade, and setting up a sunscreen station can help keep guests safe and comfortable.
- If your event is going well into the evening, make sure to plan some lighting options for after the sun sets.
- Space tables out at least 6 feet apart and limit the number of chairs at each table.
- Instead of a self-serve buffet, opt for a plated meal.
Weather and outdoor elements can be a bit unpredictable, but with the right planning, you can create an event that will be both memorable, magical, and comfortable.
Planning an outdoor soiree and not sure where to start? We’d love to help! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!