27 Mar Dream Planning Tips: Outdoor Parties
As the weather gets nicer and the days get longer, people begin dreaming of dining al fresco, happy hours on the patio, and watching the sunset among friends. Outdoor vibes and fresh air brings community and for some reason, drinks and food always taste more delicious outdoors. Outdoor parties will never go out of style. They feel effortless, accessible, and are always beautiful. There are some key concerns, however, to take into consideration in order to have your outdoor party feel as effortless as it should. You definitely don’t want guests to constantly have to swat at bugs or not be able to see their food!
The main things to keep in mind when planning outdoor parties are the elements. Heat, cold, rain, bugs, and sun exposure. While you can’t control these things, you can definitely plan for them!
Photography by Amy Allmand Photography.
Our top tips for planning outdoor parties:
- Create a bug spray station for guests
- If the weather is cool, set out portable heaters and/or fire pits
- If the weather is warm, bring fans and AC units
- Rain in the forecast? Make sure you have a rain plan. Alternate location or tents
- Super hot sun? Tents work well here, as does setting up a sunscreen station or having fans to keep guests cool & comfortable
- If your event is going well into the evening, plan some lighting options for after the sun sets.
Weather and outdoor elements are tricky and unpredictable, but with the right planning, you can create an event that will be both memorable and comfortable.
Planning an outdoor soiree and not sure where to start? We’d love to help! Contact us at email@example.com to get started!